20020127

G.I. Joe® Steel Brigade Command - Updates now, onto the minor whine part: (and I'm not trying to start anything, i just want to get the gripe out of my system, and I know you guys will understand ;)

Just above the picture of the Rhino/hog, is a small snippet of text that represents everything I find wrong with Steel Brigade. For those of you who haven't bothered, it's in reference to the wave 5 figures: "Several BIO CARDS contain information that does not represent the "original" character(s) as we know them. This was neither approved or supported by the STEEL BRIGADE CLUB!"
As if Hasbro needed their approval to produce a line of toys based on characters Hasbro (and to some extent Larry Hama) created in the first place.

I know I should probably keep my mouth shut, but that attitude of theirs just irks me. When did they get to be the final arbiter of what RAH is? Who made them boss?

I'm going to apologize in advance, and hope this doesn't stir up something. I don't think it will - here. Anywhere else it would no doubt rapidly accelerate into a flame war. It just reminds me way to much of an email I and some others once received from that club. I thought perhaps the collective opinion over there had changed, as they seem to have produced some reasonable people, but then when I looked at the Rhino, there was the attitude staring me in the face.

On second thought, I'm not going to post this to the list, I'm going to stick it on my web page instead, and then you guys won't have to read it if you don't want to.